When talking about Multi-talented Individual of no equal Onyeka Owenu is Top Among them. Mama Pidgin Sunday uncommon person for today na multi-talented Singer, Actress, Song writer, Social critics and Politician Onyenka Owenu. Most people sabi this woman as a singer few actually know sey she also into other things. As usuall mamapidgin no go write plenti tori about Onyeka Owenu. seat back relax and enjoy this piece from Mama Pidgin About Onyeka Owenu
1. Na the 31st of January 1952 Onyeka Owenu was born in Arondizuogu Imo State Nigeria
2.Onwenu lost her papa at the Age of 5. She started Her Musical career at a very tender age
3. At the age of 19 Onyeka traveled to America to further her education. she obtained a B.A in International relations and communication from wellesley College USA. and a Master Degree in Media Studies from The New School for Social Research in New York USA.
4.Onyeka Return to Naija in 1981 to start her professional career in Nigeria. Her first appointment was as a youth corper at the Nigeria television Authority
|Onyenka and her Two Sons|
Whenever they are on vacation, we are together. We travel together, cook together, watch TV and I try to know them better and they know me. I also have my nephew with me so they are three. Ibrahim, my second son, is just like my father. My first son is gentle and respectful.
5. She start her professional musical career in 1982 with the release of her first album Endless Life produced by late Sunny Okosun Endless Life was a big success.
6. she released her second Album “For the Love of You” in 1983 and followed it up with her third Album “In The Morning Light,” released in 1984.
7.Onyeka Most successful Album that really brought her to Limelight was her fourth Albulm which she titled One love released in 1984. the Album sold morethan half a Million copies.
9. She was awarded Best Pop Artist for the year 1988 by the Performing Musician Association Awards.
10. Apart from Been a Musician Onyeka is also an actress and a politician,
11. she don act in many Nollywood movies like conspiracy, Government House, Chain reaction, Not your wealth, women's clot, the tyrant Omalinze, Every single day, To love an angel, The Trinity, Different World
12. In 2006 she won the African Movie Academy Award for Best Actress in a supporting role.
13. Apart from Been a musician, and actress she is also a social activist and a politician. she was formerly thechaipersonof the imo state council for art and culture, she has contested for the chairperson of her local government area twice although lossed in the two occasions she is an active politician
14. In September 2013 President Goodluck Jonathan Appointed her as the Executive Director/Chief Executive Officer of the National Centre for Women Development
15. In a recent Interview she said her greatest achievement in life is for her been able to raice her children into grown up men and she believe they will be good husband to there wives. she said "They are both tender with women and have great respect for people. You know I look at them and say to myself that their wives would be the luckiest on earth because they have much respect and admiration for women. They are my critics, they give honest critique of my works and I respect them very much but they get disciplined too. "